Phase 5 at the Library
Last update November 1/21: The Province of Nova Scotia has designated public libraries as an essential service. You will not need to show Proof of Full Vaccination to enter our spaces. People ages 12+ will need to provide Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination and matching personal ID to attend Library programs and book community meeting rooms (where available). Other health measures and protocols will still apply.
The Library will continue to follow the current public health orders and guidelines and do all we can to protect ourselves and those around us. We’ll continue to update you as we learn more, and we appreciate your patience.
Current Status of Library Service
- All branches of Colchester-East Hants Public Library are open and operating at a Level 2 of the Library’s Reopening Roadmap.
- Masks continue to be required in indoor spaces by Public Health, including all Library spaces. If you need a mask, we have some available at our Info Desks.
- Proof of Full Covid-19 Vaccination with matching personal ID is required for anyone age 12 or older to attend in-person Library programs, including adults accompanying youth under 12. Learn more about the Provincial Provincial Proof of Vaccination Policy.
- Community meeting rooms are available for private booking at select locations. Those booking the Library spaces are responsible for ensuring all attendees wear masks and have provided Proof of Full Covid-19 Vaccination with matching personal ID.
- Library Take-Out is available at all branches.
- Public computers will remain available.
- Personal food and drink are not allowed in common spaces.
- All Book Drops are open 24/7.
How Library Take-Out Works
Library Take-Out is our contactless pick-up service!
- Place your holds online or contact your local branch for assistance.
- If you’ve received notice that your holds are ready (via phone or email), go to your pick-up location and call the number listed on the Library Take-Out sign outside the branch.
- A staff member will bring the items out to you (remain 6ft/2m away at all times)
How We’re Keeping You Safe
- Face masks and hand sanitizer available as needed
- Regular cleaning schedule
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Staff training on safety measures
- Reorganized spaces for physical distancing including plexiglass barriers at service points
What You Can Do To Help
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, new cough, or difficulty breathing
- Sanitize your hands before entering the building
- Wear a face mask or face covering at all times that covers both your mouth & nose
- Practice physical distancing
Your library card gives you 24/7 access to millions of digital resources online, from ebooks and movies to learning programs and helpful reference materials.
From virtual story time, to gaming tutorials and learning conversational English, our online events are always changing. Check back often to see what’s happening, virtually, for children, teens and adults.