Volunteer at CEHPL
At the Colchester-East Hants Public Library (CEHPL), we know how important Volunteers are to our community. They share their experiences, knowledge, and time with the people at the Library. They help Library staff with programs and services. The Library is pleased to offer the chance for members of the public to volunteer with us. Volunteers might help staff to:
- Put books and other materials back on the shelves.
- Plan and offer programs.
- Find books or other materials that library users ask for.
- Keep the Library tidy.
- Take care of indoor plants.
- Decorate the Library for special events or holidays.
- Prepare for special events.
For general inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact: email@example.com or visit your local branch.
Please contact your local branch for current volunteer opportunities.
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Depending on the role, Volunteers 18 and older may have to provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sectors Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Youth Volunteers (ages 14-17) must provide a parent or guardian’s permission in writing.
- Library Delivery Service Volunteers must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and an acceptable driver abstract and claims experience letter.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the role of Volunteers within the Library, the types of duties Volunteers do, and guidelines for how to manage Volunteers at the Library.
Please download each PDF, review, and submit to become a volunteer.