Volunteer at CEHPL
Volunteering with us means developing new skills, sharing your love of libraries with others, and making new friends. Volunteer roles at the Library provide an opportunity for you to share your time, skills and knowledge. We rely on volunteers to help expand and enhance Library services and programs. Types of volunteer duties include assisting library staff with:
- Shelving and shelf-reading of library materials
- Planning and delivery of programs
- Retrieving requested items
- General tidiness of library
- Decorating library for special events/holidays
- Special events
As a volunteer, you’ll receive orientation, training, and the tools you need to succeed in your role.
Volunteering does not automatically improve your chances of getting a job at the Library. Experience, including volunteer experience, is considered by HR when reviewing employment applications.
For general inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local branch.
Please contact your local branch for current volunteer opportunities.
You’ll need to apply to volunteer, attend an interview, and provide references.
- Complete volunteer application form
- For applicants over 18: a criminal record check, vulnerable sectors check, and a child abuse registry check
- For applicants aged 14-17: parent/guardian consent
The purpose of this policy is to outline the role of volunteers within Colchester-East Hants Public Library, type of volunteer duties, and standards for managing volunteers.
Please download each PDF, review and submit to become a volunteer.