How do I get a Library Card?
Getting your FREE library card is simple! Register for your membership at any CEHPL location or online.
- Adults: Residents of Nova Scotia may visit any branch or sign up with the form below.
- If you live outside of Nova Scotia: Visitors to Nova Scotia can sign up for a temporary library card to borrow items and use our facilities.
- If you don’t have a fixed address: Community Access Cards allow you to use the computers, online resources, and borrow up to three items at a time. These cards must be renewed after three months.
- Children: (13 and under) your parent or guardian must sign for you and they’ll be responsible for what you borrow. Requires a parent/guardian ID.
Same Page is a partnership of eight regional libraries across Nova Scotia, working together to improve your library experience. We want all Nova Scotians to have an equal opportunity to connect to library resources for learning, discovery, and improved quality of life.
This means more items to borrow, more resources to access, and major upgrades to our catalogue: bigger, better, and easier to use. Learn more about Same Page.
All CEHPL members must renew their library cards every three years.
Please have your library card with you at time of renewal. You will be asked for your barcode number and to verify your contact details. If your address has changed, let us know.
If your card is stolen or lost, report it immediately to any of our branches.
- A fee of $2.00 will be charged for a replacement card.
By registering for your Colchester-East Hants Public Library card – or your child’s library card – you agree to:
- Take responsibility for all materials borrowed on that membership
- Notify the library if your contact details change
Other Types of Cards
Teachers, daycare workers, and homeschooling parents/guardians are eligible to apply for an Educator Card. This card is separate from your personal account and is renewed annually. For more information about Educator Cards email email@example.com or contact your local branch.
Long-Term Care Cards
Do you work for a long-term care facility? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if a Long-term Care (LTC) card is right for you!