Libraries designated as an essential service.
Sept 23/21: The Province of Nova Scotia has designated public libraries as an essential service. Proof of vaccination will NOT be required to enter our spaces when the Province moves to Phase 5. Other health measures and protocols will still apply.
The Library will continue to follow the current public health orders and guidelines and do all we can to protect ourselves and those around us. We’ll continue to update you as we learn more.
As always, thank you for your support and understanding.
Status of Library Service (July 16, 2021)
- All branches of Colchester-East Hants Public Library are open.
- Library Take-Out is available at all branches. Masks must be worn and social distancing maintained when using Library Take-Out.
- All Book Drops are open 24/7.
- Events are occurring online and in-person (with limits).
- Public computers will remain available.
- Masks must be worn and physical distancing maintained while inside facilities and using in-person Library services.
How Library Take-Out Works
Library Take-Out is our contactless pick-up service!
- Place your holds online or contact your local branch for assistance.
- If you’ve received notice that your holds are ready (via phone or email), go to your pick-up location and call the number listed on the Library Take-Out sign outside the branch.
- A staff member will bring the items out to you (remain 6ft/2m away at all times)
How We’re Keeping You Safe
- Face masks and hand sanitizer available as needed
- Regular cleaning schedule
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Staff training on safety measures
- Reorganized spaces for physical distancing including plexiglass barriers at service points
What You Can Do To Help
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, new cough, or difficulty breathing
- Sanitize your hands before entering the building
- Wear a face mask or face covering at all times that covers both your mouth & nose
- Practice physical distancing
Your library card gives you 24/7 access to millions of digital resources online, from ebooks and movies to learning programs and helpful reference materials.
From virtual story time, to gaming tutorials and learning conversational English, our online events are always changing. Check back often to see what’s happening, virtually, for children, teens and adults.